Talkin' bout a revolution
Veganism: Sorting out the world’s problems, one meal at a time. When Tesco start doubling down on the vegan range, you know BIG things are happening. News just in: the Wicked Kitchen range – created by clever kitchen whizz Derek Sarno – is to more than double in size and will for the first time include desserts, pies and deli items.
I SAID DESSERTS.
FOUR million items from the original line up were sold in the first 33 weeks. And thus, Tesco will add Charred Pineapple Dream Cake and Red Velvet Brownie to the shelves. In fact, I made a Tesco order for delivery on Friday and it allowed me to buy these, so I’m guessing they are already in stock. Will report back soon on how dreamy the dream cake is.
By the end of the month, there will be two seasonal sandwiches and in early November a whole raft of exciting options arrive, including:
· Pesto Lasagne (with basil-kale-mint pesto, white sauce, and pine nut topper)
· Filthy Fiery Fries (Texas-style roasted potato wedges with BBQ pulled mushrooms, jalapenos and cheeze)
· Big Bros Enchiladas (spiced beans and rice, roasted sweet potato, jalapeno cheeze, topped with spiced red sauce and roasted corn salsa)
· Packed Puff Pie (roasted cauliflower and oyster mushrooms in a brandy gravy and flaky pastry)
· All The Rage Rolls (roasted kale, mushrooms and garlic wrapped in flaky pastry with seed topper)
If we build it, they will come!
Pictures used with permission from my good friends at Veganuary. Fancy taking the pledge this January? Head on over to Veganuary to sign up.